Monday, February 27, 2012

My Life - As Seen On Facebook

Why is it that people post everything they are doing at every second of the day on Facebook? Do I care if you're about to take a shower? No. Do I care that you can't choose what outfit to wear so you post pictures of each asking "Which outfit"?. No. Do I care if you're going to bed? NO! Frankly, I do not care about what you're doing at any given point in time. If I did, I would text you. Simple as that. People who posts their lives on Facebook need a reality check. I wish someone would comment stating that we don't need to know every aspect of what you are doing. It is beyond annoying. 

I am the type of person who only will post statuses once in a while if I am extremely bored. I only post them if I want people's feedback who feel the same thing such as when I post a status saying I miss my best friend that passed away, if I am going out with a group of people (this happens on occasions), or how much I want school to be over. I do not post "Going in the shower! Text me!". There is no reason to post such things! Also, I post pictures. Of course I will have albums with pictures of fun times with my friends. That's what I like about Facebook - uploading pictures for others to see. That is completely okay with me because it is not revealing my everyday routines. I think people need to start limiting what they post of Facebook for others to see. I honestly hate going on Facebook because I am bombarded with pointless and annoying statuses by other people. Facebook is the reason I like Pinterest so much. No annoying statuses or video posts. Just pictures. Yes, people can post annoying pictures but its a lot better than annoying videos or status updates. 

There is not much more to say on this issue. I think this will be my shortest blog yet - hopefully it gets the point across to people. Some people may not like this post and what I have to say. If not, then don't read it. I only state my opinions on aspects of life and they are not meant to offend anyone. I think the world of communication should not become technologically dependent through Facebook or Twitter. Again, no one cares if someone is about to take a shower or if someone just went to the bathroom. Sorry, but no one cares. Live your life - don't advertise it on Facebook.

oh.so.annoying

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. I have people on my news feed who post what they are doing 24/7. Half of the time, they past time that they choose is not exactly legal, still it gets posted to facebook. The same person breaks up with his girlfriend at least three times a week. I don't understand why people think that the general public cares at all about their personal lives. Granted, if I am bored I will post multiple statuses in a relatively short amount of time. Still, some people take it to a whole new extreme that is more obnoxious than anything else. Can we get a filter for stupidity on facebook so we don't have to deal with things like this anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with a lot you said in this. I've actually thought about this a lot. I think that deep down Facebook and Twitter are our way as humans of trying to feel connected and noticed. Most poeple post thing, hoping that when they come back they will have a little read numbers above their notifications symbol. I admit, im guilty of becoming a little excited sometimes when I see a message or friend request on Facebook. But, I also admit that I am not the type of person to delete something i posted just because no one "liked" it. (I know some people who will do that..)

    I think that if you are going to post something on the internet it should either be something you feel has atleast some substance or meaning.

    ReplyDelete