Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Car Shopping ... SUCKS!

This post title cannot say my feelings any more clear. CAR SHOPPING SUCKS! I have been looking for a car to buy for at least 7  months now. Website after website, car dealership after car dealership. Honestly, the process felt never ending.


The worst part about dealerships is the salesman. You won't even be out of the car yet and they are standing there outside your door ready to hound you with questions. It is so annoying! Just let me look at the cars without you following me. Then, if I find one I'll come find you. Doesn't that sound like a better plan? I can assure you I will be more likely to buy a car if I am not pissed off by some random and annoying person that is following me. I should be a car salesman - people would love that I would not follow them like a puppy around the lot. They will come find you if they are truly interested. Just saying.


The next part about looking for a car to buy is simply being BROKE! Yep, that is what college will do to a person. Want to find a car for less than 5K with low mileage so it can actually be a safe car to drive? Yeah, good luck. I failed. There is a slim chance of finding a car with low miles and for under 5K .. unless it's a relative or a friend that really likes you. (: Another thing that is SUPER annoying is when websites show a car at a dealership or by private owner and you get all excited. The car is cute, in your price range, and has decent miles. BAM! You call them (or go there) and ... FAIL! The car is gone. You will get the classic answer of "Oh, we sold that." That's when I think to myself, "Oh cool, you don't have to update your website or anything so excited idiots like me don't keep coming here looking for it". It's honestly a game. Ugh, I hate hate hate dealerships. How is it that a car was posted the day before you go and then when you go THE NEXT DAY it is gone? I do not get it. Who decides to actually buy the car that fast??


So after dealing with salesman and irritating dealership websites, I decided to try a private seller. Lets just say I was a lucky one. Thanks Craigslist for allowing me to find my "new" (not actually new) car from a private seller. I got a great deal - I guess God said I looked and dealt with so many salesman that I finally deserved this. (: I (well, Kevin) found a silver 2006 Chevy Aveo (non-hatchback ... just to clarify) with only 24K miles for under 7K! It is practically brand new because it was driven by a elderly woman around town and to church. Yeah baby! Now, I had two emotions happening at the same time. I was obnoxiously happy dancing while thinking to myself "this is too good to be true .. it's just another scam". Little did I know I would actually be buying a car the same day that it was posted and the same day I went to see it (which was last night ha!). I am happy dancing in my head right now ... still so excited! 



I actually learned something from all this so you know. Being an A-dult (ha!) is hard and money needs to start growing on trees!! (Someone please come up with a money growing tree .. and fast) Used cars that will last you and are worth your money are among the hardest things to find. Salesmen are annoying as s**t and do nothing but piss me off! Miracles can happen to those who wait (finding this car was one for me). College kids with no credit history like myself have little to no chance of ever having independence and the chance to qualify for a loan on their own. So, this experience was somewhat beneficial I guess. Hey, I got a car out of it didn't I? 


oh.so.happy

No comments:

Post a Comment