Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Blog Prompt #2 - G.A (Google Anonymous)

How many people actually use Google during the day? Why? For how long? Is everyone that uses Google addicted? Will we ever know the true answers to these questions? Uhm .. probably not.


Yes, I will admit it - I am ADDICTED to Google. Just to name a few, I use Google Chrome, YouTubeGoogle Search Engine, Blogger, and Google Maps. When I need to find out the definition of a word .. what do I do? Google it of course. When I missed an episode of a TV show ... what do I do? YouTube it. I find that to be the two most common answers when I am unsure of something or when someone asks me and I do not know the answer. Google solves all. Simply type in the word or whatever it is you're looking for and ... BAM! There you have hundreds-of-thousands of results right in front of your eyes. It is glorious!


On top of using Google Search Engine, I use Google Chrome for my main internet. In my opinion, it is the fastest internet browser around. Most likely because it is Google made and owned. I also like Google because it is totally customizable. When my browser opens to the main page - which is Google Search Engine - it is totally customizable with a picture of Lady Gaga (my favorite). When it comes to Google's privacy policies I am torn on whether or not they have an accurate privacy system. When I put in my personal information on Chrome, it saves it after the first time. All I have to do is type "A" and all my information appears in the boxes. If I ever get my computer stolen .. I'm screwed. There goes all my information including address, phone number, and credit card number. Fortunately ... I am smart (: I clear all history after I make each purchase online. So no information would be found if someone stole my computer. Sorry suckers!


Do I think Google is taking over the internet? No. I think they have made very smart decisions when buying the companies they did such as YouTube and Blogger. Millions of people use these websites multiple times a day. Personally, I love Google! Without it, I would be stuck waiting for the rainbow wheel to load on Safari or Mozilla Firefox. I HATE the rainbow wheel! Thanks to Google - the rainbow wheel never appears on my screen.


oh.so.addicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment