Monday, January 23, 2012

Yes, I'm a shoe wh**e!

If you really know me, you know that I have an insane addiction to shoes. Yes, shoes. Not drugs, not alcohol (well ... nah I'm not). SHOES! I cannot even count how many countless hours I spend on the internet searching for a new pair (or pairs) of shoes. My latest obsession is boots. Fringe boots. I WANT THEM SO BAD! On every Holiday or special occasion that gifts are in order I ask for at least one pair of shoes. My boyfriend, Kevin, doesn't even have to ask what I would like for my birthday or Christmas. It's always "well I found this pair of shoes you can buy". It's very simple! To be honest, my addiction is the buying process and wearing them for the first time with a really cute outfit. After the initial wear, it's on to the search for the next pair. Sure, I wear all my shoes again but it is not nearly as exciting as the initial wear. 

In fact, today just moments ago, I was searching for a pair of fringe boots. I found some! (Yes, I know it is very exciting) However, I am torn on whether or not to buy them. They are suede ... so that means I will have to spray them with protector before I can wear them out. It will be at least 2 days before I can wear them. This always stops me because I want to wear them as soon as I get them. (I know it's a stupid reason not to buy a pair of shoes). I am obsessed with anything sparkle, boots boots boots, cute sneakers, and of course in the summer super cute sandals. My closet cannot fit all my shoes. So, I move my clothes out so I can fit my shoes. (: I always am looking for the next best pair of cute shoes I can own. Too bad my bank account cannot fully support my shoe addiction. I will make sure it does in the future, there is no doubt about that.

When I am extremely bored, I picture what my shoe closet will look like when I own a house. (The one in the picture would be perfect .. not the colors though). It will be a main priority in the search or the planning of the house. Each pair of shoes will be displayed beautifully on the shelf. My shelves will most likely be color organized (ha!). I will have a chair or ottoman in the middle of my closet so I can sit and decide what shoe will go best with the outfit I choose. Actually, I usually pick what shoes I will wear then base the outfit off of that. Isn't it supposed to be opposite? Oh well! That's not how I roll. If they had a shoe addicts anonymous ... I would have to attend. Is anyone else like this? If so, I think we would be great friends. We would have marvelous shoe conversations! Oh yes, perfect!

oh.so.obsessed 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On move in day, alot of people gave me strange looks and made fun of me. I brought literally all of my clothes, accessories, and shoes. And that is a lot of stuff. I had to go to Wal-Mart and buy a second clothes bar to hang all of my clothes from. I have two of those hanging things with all the pockets in them that hold all of my earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets. I have a bowl full of hair accessories. And I have two large rubbermaid containers full of sandals, flats, boots, and heels. I definitely understand your addiction to fabulous things! Also, I'm so glad that I am not the only one who fantasizes about their future closet. I intend on having an entire room as a closet. I love some of the set-ups that are at IKEA...perfect for a beautiful organized room full of wonderful garments and accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People looked at me funny too when I moved into Elmhurst last year. I had two full bins of shoes (we had walk-in closets however). People who do not love shoes can never understand the obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind school is this where people get judged for having clothes. Screw society. Everyone is too stuck up and or jealous two faces.

    ReplyDelete