Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I can't F****** do it!

If any of you are like me, swear words are a big part of your everyday vocabulary. It's a habit that takes so much effort to break. They can slip in as a describing word, a name to call someone, or just by itself - they can be used EVERYWHERE! 


Who to blame? Well, there is no one to blame for your talking habits better than society around you. Our generation is known for the infamous words that come out of our mouths. Hell, (does that count?) we even have abbreviations for swear words - two that are most common are WTF and STFU. When instant messaging was still big, those two abbreviations were thrown around like it was no big deal. That's just it - who is it considered a big deal to?


Us teens and young adults had to learn the swearing from somewhere right? When I was younger, about two or three, I could not pronounce my "T"s ... let's just say my parents took full advantage to use me as their humor provider. "Ally, say fire truck." (my response not knowing any better - who does this to their kid? ha. Alright, I probably would too) "Fire F***". That's when it started - my love for the F-word. Why do you think it's so hard for me to break my swearing habit? There's your reason, I have been saying it since before I knew what it meant. Horrible. In my opinion, it is a very useful word (the f-word that is). You can describe pretty much ANYTHING with it no matter what mood you are in. For example, you could say "That was F****** awesome!" when you loved something you did. When you are told to do something you don't want to you can say"F*** that!" So many possibilities - what is there to hate? 


That brings me to my next point. Older people have a tendency to "flip the bird" to others when they are upset. Last time I checked, doesn't that mean f-you? Thought so. Personally, it is much more fun to voice the word than to give them a gesture (If you know me, you know I am a very vocal person). Our generation LOVES to voice our opinions and how we feel. I bet you could find multiple status posts with a variety of "swear" words in them. It just takes the mood of what you're saying to a whole new level. By letting out one simple swear word like f*** or s*** it can release so much stress you may have. See what I mean? Brings your mood to a whole new level. Relaxation can finally be achieved simple by swearing. Does this mean I am going to become overly stressed when I stop swearing? S**T!!


Like, I said before - the kid in the picture learned to do that from somewhere didn't he?




oh.so.bad (:


(does it count as swearing if it doesn't come out of your mouth?)

2 comments:

  1. The first time I ever swore, I was three. I was in the back seat of the car and my parents were both in the front. Their windows were down, and my hair was whipping around my head like crazy. Apparently, this was rather aggravating to my three year old self, because I shouted "Roll your f****** windows up!" Well, my parents did roll their windows up, but as soon as it was quiet in the car they turned around and told me to repeat what I had just said. I did of course, not knowing what I was really saying. They found it extremely amusing. They used those same words too, so I didn't understand that swearing wasn't something that everyone did. It's all been downhill from there, and now I swear like a sailor...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! They started our swearing at a young age - when you learn something that young its inevitable that we're going to swear when we are older. That is exactly why our generation is full of sailor swearing young adults!

    THEY ARE TO BLAME! (:

    ReplyDelete